[vtk-developers] I'm new...

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Nov 2 13:08:33 EST 2004

Clint,

	Just a few remarks, please close the bug, mark it as fixed. And
possibly include the cvs command (which will show the revision) in the
comment field (so that other people knows which revision to look for).

	Also in the near future we will enforce usage of 'commit type'

CVS: CVS Commits to CMake/ITK/ParaView/VTK require commit type in the
CVS: comment. Valid commit types are:
CVS:
CVS:   BUG:   - a change made to fix a runtime issue
CVS:            (crash, segmentation fault, exception, or incorrect result,
CVS:   COMP:  - a fix for a compilation issue, error or warning,
CVS:   ENH:   - new functionality added to the project,
CVS:   PERF:  - a performance improvement,
CVS:   STYLE: - a change that does not impact the logic or execution of the
CVS:            code. (improve coding style, comments, documentation).
CVS:
CVS: The cvs command to commit the change is:
CVS:
CVS:   cvs commit -m "BUG: fixed core dump when passed float data" filename
CVS:
CVS: you can also use the syntax below which omits the -m flag. In this
CVS: case cvs will start up an editor for you to enter a comment on why you
CVS: made the change.
CVS:
CVS:   cvs commit filename

	Thanks for including the bug number in the comment log this is really
usefull (and needed).

Mathieu