[vtk-developers] GL2PS now in VTK

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Nov 6 16:22:49 EST 2003

Hi,

I just checked in the GL2PS code into VTK and got everything working
with CMake etc.  The GL2PS sources are in Utilities/gl2ps.  I've also
updated the vtkGL2PSExporter to use the new GL2PS_COMPRESS option to
generate compressed PS/EPS/PDF.  I've tested it under Linux and it
seems to work great.  I'll try and see if it works under Win32 and
will look at valgrind also later.

To build VTK with GL2PS all one needs to do is turn on VTK_USE_GL2PS
when configuring with CMake.  The option used to be marked as advanced
but I've removed that and made it non-advanced.  I've set the default
to OFF however.

The only change I needed to make to gl2ps.h and gl2ps.c was to
'untabify' the files.  I am not sure if I need to make a patch
available for this.

Please do check it out if possible and let me know if there are
problems.

cheers,
prabhu