[vtk-developers] GL2PS: an update

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Nov 7 12:23:18 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I just tested the new GL2PS code on Win32 and it works just fine.  So
the code works fine under Linux and Win32.  I also did not see any
GL2PS related warnings on MSVC 6.  Under Linux I had an in-source
build and under Win32 an out-of-source build, so it seems to work fine
in both scenarios.

 1. There was a bug in vtkGL2PSExporter for PDF files generated on
    windows (the PDF file would not render correctly) that I've fixed
    thanks to a suggestion from Christophe.  This was reported by
    Goodwin Lawlor earlier, but I did not realize that PDF's were so
    sensitive to carriage returns in the output.

 2. While rendering the fonts with PDF output from GL2PS users get a
    bad /BBox message that could be irritating.  This appears to be a
    non-trivial problem and might be fixed upstream in GL2PS.

I'll see if I can check it with valgrind when I get some spare time
(which is hard to find these days!).

cheers,
prabhu