[vtk-developers] CMake problems and questions

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Nov 6 14:40:02 EST 2003

Hi,

I just tried getting GL2PS integrated into VTK.  It seems to work fine
but I'm rebuilding my sources from scratch just in case.  While
building this I ran into a few problems with CMake-1.9.0 from CVS (I
think I updated and built it last night).

 1. I have not changed my CMakeCache.txt file in a long while.  While
    adding GL2PS to VTK I removed the GL2PS include and library
    variables that I originally had.  I ran ccmake and it did not
    remove the variables despite the fact that the variables no longer
    exist in the CMakeLists.txt file.  I think there was more cruft
    lurking in the old CMakeCache.  I then proceeded to remove the
    older one and reran ccmake afresh.  However this is bit of a pain
    since there are quite a few options to set and change.  So my
    question, what does one do to make CMake remove old cruft from the
    cache?  Is this possible at all?  Or am i doing something wrong?
    Is it advisable to delete CMakeCache from time to time and
    regenerate it?

 2. I used to set LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIR to lib instead of bin but I found
    that no matter what I change LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH to it
    automatically renames it to bin (i.e. executable_output_path).  Is
    this a bug or new feature?

cheers,
prabhu