[vtk-developers] Re: [vtkusers] [VTK + wxPython + Linux] bug :Reparentwithwidgetcontaining wxVTKRenderWindow

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Wed Mar 26 09:14:40 EST 2003

Hi there Benoit,

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 13:07, Benoit Regrain wrote:
> I'm so sorry, I didn't know that (concerning -u)
> We have always anything to learn :-)

Please test your application (on Windows and Linux) with the changes.
Everything seems to be okay on my setups.

     * wxVTKRenderWindow.py, wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py: wxVTKRW and
       wxVTKRWI can now be reparented.  Requires SetNextWindowInfo() in
       vtkRenderWindow, i.e. VTK CVS newer than 20030326.

       Based on a patch by Benoit Regrain.

     * vtkCarbonRenderWindow.h, vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h,
     vtkRenderWindow.h, vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
     vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.h, vtkWinCEOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
     vtkWinCEOpenGLRenderWindow.h, vtkXMesaRenderWindow.h,
     vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.h: Moved
     SetNextWindowId and SetNextWindowInfo to RenderWindow.h level.
     Implemented necessary changes in all descendant windows.

     The work is based on a patch sent by Benoit Regrain and enables one
     to reparent a vtkRenderWindow.  This is especially useful when a
     vtkRenderWindow is used with an external widget set.