[vtk-developers] Strange behavoir in vtkCamera

Silvano Imboden s.imboden at cineca.it
Tue Mar 25 12:48:20 EST 2003

Lisa Avila wrote:

> Hello Silvano,
>
> This is actually the expected behavior of vtkCamera - the field of view
> is defined as view frustum angle in the Y direction and is therefore
> solely dependent on the height of the window.
>
> Lisa

First I'll thank you for your real-time-feedback.

I think that it is a common aspectation
that ResetCamera bring everything in view
whatever is the aspect-ratio
of the RenderWindow.
So in my modest opinion this behavoir is wrong.

Anyway

- Do you think that change implementation of
   vtkCamera::ComputePerspectiveTransform
   like I show in my previous mail
   may have some bad side-effect ?

- can you make vtkCamera::ComputePerspectiveTransform
   virtual ?

Many thanks -- Silvano
s.imboden at cineca.it