[vtk-developers] VTK/Python on Mac OSX

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon Sep 9 10:24:12 EDT 2002

Hello All,

I am trying to get VTK/Python to build on MacOSX 10.2 and I am getting a
weird error. This error appeared within the last couple of weeks. Hope
somebody already saw it? It happens when compiling
vtkTkImageViewerWidgetPython.o.

ld: Undefined symbols:
_Tcl_MacOSXOpenBundleResources referenced from Tk expected to be defined
in Tcl
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed

I found an article on geocrawler and their solution was to rebuild Tcl
and Tk. Since for most VTK users that is probably not an option, I would
suggest finding an alternative solution.

			Andy