[vtk-developers] VTK/Python on Mac OSX

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at uwo.ca
Mon Sep 9 17:41:51 EDT 2002

Hi, Andy,

Your Tcl/Tk problem notwithstanding...

VTK/Python is currently broken on OSX.2 using gcc3.

Apparently there is a known problem with shared libraries that use c++
faultily calling initialization code more than once.

One needs to build everything with gcc2.

Also, there has been a flurry of changes in Tk and Tcl of late. The
event passing problem that necessitated the use of the binaries I had
posted should be fixed.

I have launched another build and will post once everything works
again. Am also modifying CMake to properly set up CMakeCache.txt to
include references to the Tk, Tcl, and Python frameworks so that
building will be less painful for new users.

Yves