[vtk-developers] development roadmap?

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at chello.at
Fri Mar 29 05:59:36 EST 2002

> No, most of the time I'm referring to the online HTML
> It would make no sense to an online deep link inside the online CHM
>
> >I just tried it, but no luck:
> >Error 404: File does not exist:
> >/vtk/WWW/vtkhtml/files/nightly/vtkNightlyDoc.chm
>
> That's why I used the HTML doc :)

Ok, thank you. :-)

> >I did not mean exposing any e-mail adresses at all, I was thinking on
> >posting them to the developer list,
>
> Sorry, I do not follow you. Posting what ?

It's not a big issue. I was thinking of about replacing the pure name with a
hyperlink in the like of:

==== html code following =======
<b>Contributed by (if > 5%):</b>
<ul>
  <li><a
href="mailto:vtk-developers at public.kitware.com?subject=[vtkDebugLeaks]
Hoffman, Bill">Hoffman, Bill</a> (67%)
  <li><a
href="mailto:vtk-developers at public.kitware.com?subject=[vtkDebugLeaks]
Schroeder, Will">Schroeder, Will</a> (11%)
  <li><a
href="mailto:vtk-developers at public.kitware.com?subject=[vtkDebugLeaks]
Lorensen, Bill">Lorensen, Bill</a> (10%)
  <li><a
href="mailto:vtk-developers at public.kitware.com?subject=[vtkDebugLeaks]
Geveci, Berk">Geveci, Berk</a> (6%)
</ul>
(Click on the name to send a bug report.)
==== end of html code ==========

You could then set up your list administration to automatically forward the
report to the respective developer, without the need approve everything
before it is posted by a non member.

You got the point?

But again, this is no big improvement, the big one is having the names in
the docs.
... Just an idea.

Roland