[vtk-developers] Note to all dashboard maintainers: please wi pe out your build dirs (or cache)

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Wed Jun 19 16:26:54 EDT 2002

Ken, Sebastien,

  You can't be serious about wiping out CMakeCache.txt each night.  This file is _the_ single most
important file in all of VTK!  Each GE nightly starts with a make clean, or the equivalent under
Windows.  I know the clean process isn't perfect, but it's a much better solution than trying to
figure out how to get CMake to correctly find everything each night across several platforms all with
different configurations of compilers, Tcl, Python, etc...

  As for non-cleaning builds: the continuous builds should accomidate non-clean builds.  When they
get stuck, or something changes that requires a clean, it can be done manually.

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek at crd.ge.com
Visualization and Computer Vision Lab, Imaging Technologies
GE Global Research Center