[vtk-developers] copy Wrapping/Python, Wrapping/Tcl to VTKbin?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jul 23 23:02:43 EDT 2002

    DG> What do people think of copying the python modules and tcl
    DG> packages to VTKbin/bin (or perhaps VTKbin/python and
    DG> VTKbin/tcl) as part of the standard 'make' process?

    DG> The reason is that VTKbin really should contain everything
    DG> that is needed to run VTK, one VTK is built it would be nice
    DG> if Python and Tcl did not have to refer to the source.

In that case shouldn't all the C++ header files also be installed
there?  Actually, I think that 'make install' should do this or
something similar.  Plain 'make' should not install anything anywhere.

I added a setup.py recently that should install the *.py files inside
Wrapping/Python and also do the necessary things for the
lib*Python.so/dll files.  Could this be integrated with the make
install process?  I can explain as to what needs to be done but dont
want to risk doing it myself since I am not a CMake expert.

cheers,
prabhu