[vtk-developers] vtkCompositeManager offscreen

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Tue Jul 2 13:20:49 EDT 2002

Hello Randy,

The composite manager class is supposed to do what you want.  We have
ParaView export Tcl scripts that use the composite manager.  It asks the
user whether they want off-screen rendering.

It manually sets the render window's OffScreenRenderingOn() flag.

It also uses the flag "ManualOn()".  With this flag on, all processes have
to call Render (not just process 0).  It is used without the render window
interactor.  The main purpose of this flag is to allow the script to change
parameters when saving out multiple images for an animation.

Charles.