[vtk-developers] vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:09:02 EST 2002

> I like John's suggestion, being able to pass collections in and out of
> filters will be useful for other classes that work on sets of data. I have
> two in mind (I presume John already has more):

Yes indeed, several, but one thing I still want to do which is worth
mentioning now is override the UpdateExtents (etc) to allow a new kind of
"Pieces" - ie portions of the list, so that one process can operate on
datasets 1-5, another 5-10 etc etc. It would be very straightforward to do
when I (sometimes) simply want to perform the same (or similar) calculation
on a list of datasets...

Mentioned here in the hope that someone else thinks "what a jolly good idea"
etc etc...

JB