[vtk-developers] vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 09:07:25 EST 2002

I like John's suggestion, being able to pass collections in and out of
filters will be useful for other classes that work on sets of data. I have
two in mind (I presume John already has more):

vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter - aligns sets of point sets mutually together
input: vtkPointSets
output: vtkPointSets

DenseSurfaceModelFilter - builds statistical models of surfaces
input: vtkPolyDatas
outputs: various

and I know Rasmus has in mind:

PrincipalComponentsFilter - finds 'modes' of shape variation
input: vtkPointSets (output of a vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter)
outputs: various

If this is all wrong and the approach doesn't fit with VTK then please let
me know. The drawback with David's suggestion of GetOutput(i) & SetInput(i)
is that it makes pipelining filters a pain. Am I right?

Thanks,

Tim.

Tim Hutton,                        http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI
Research Fellow & PhD student,                   T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
MINORI Project, Biomedical Informatics Unit,     Tel: [+44] (0)20 7915 2344
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL,                   Fax: [+44] (0)20 7915 2303
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK      Mobile: [+44] (0)7748 678 832
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.