[vtk-developers] deprecate vtkInteractorStyleTrackball

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Apr 26 08:57:19 EDT 2002

    AH> We're not talking about getting rid of the trackball style,
    AH> just the class vtkInteractorStyleTrackball.  The code in it is

OK.

    AH> already handled by vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera and
    AH> vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor.  vtkInteractorStyleSwitch is
    AH> the default interactor style (set in
    AH> vtkRenderWindowInteractor).  Hitting "t" for this interactor
    AH> style switches between trackball and joystick mode, so either
    AH> the class vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera or
    AH> vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor is used depending on whether
    AH> we are in actor or camera mode.

    AH> Does that make sense?  vtkInteractorStyleTrackball is already
    AH> not being used by vtkInteractorStyleSwitch, and since the code
    AH> is duplicated, it probably makes sense to get rid of the
    AH> class, but not the functionality.

Well, I looked at the vtkInteractorStyleSwitch code again.  The
version that I have seems to already do just what you say.  It has no
code to do the motion itself and simply switches to a
vtkInteractorStyleJoystick/TrackballActor/Camera in the OnChar
function.  I also checked the cvs logs and it appears that this has
been the behaviour for a long while which means Sebastien did not
change it to do it this way.  So, I'm still confused. :)

prabhu