[vtk-developers] Possible bug with vtkActor2D or with text actors.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Oct 18 07:59:23 EDT 2001

hi,

    JL> Just a thought - does this happen when you set
    JL> ImmediateModeRenderingOn() on your mappers?  I was having
    JL> similar problems but never found the exact source of the
    JL> problem - I suspected at one point it might be a thread issue
    JL> with the openGL library - my problems arose when glDeleteLists
    JL> was called in
    JL> vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::ReleaseGraphicsResources().  This

As you can see my sample program is *very* simple.  I havent
explicitly turned anything on.  Also, does vtk use threads underneath
so even if you dont create a threaded application VTK does threads
internally to do things?? I can see that the libraries are linked to
libpthread but am not sure if this is really used.

    JL> problem occurs only on my linux machine, which is why I think
    JL> it might be a thread-safety issue.  Regardless, I would like
    JL> to see the test problem too so I can see if it causes a core
    JL> dump the same way :).  -Jeff

Sure.  It might not cause a core dump and might cause BadRequest or
other errors instead.

prabhu