[vtk-developers] vtkImageConvolve -- why is it there?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu May 24 13:29:27 EDT 2001

Hi David-

This was a class contributed by an outside party and sent to me. I threw it in the repository because I like to encourage contribution and I like to have the testing process chew on it to flesh out the bugs. As you can see it was renamed to vtkImageVectorConvolve because others had the same concerns that you did. The testing process also found some problems including the bad indexing. I tend to trust to the extreme programming process more (meaning poke something and see what emerges) rather than the cathedral approach of up front agreement on everything, which I know introduce chaos at time. I agree that certain additions need more discussion as this one did. I will definitely keep this in mind in the future.

Will