[vtk-developers] vtkLightKit checked in

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 6 12:21:06 EDT 2000

Michael,

>I just checked in vtkLightKit into contrib of the vtk source tree.

Absolutely ding dong.

I was just in the process of adding some lights to a demo I have to do at
the IBC200 exhibition this coming weekend. I've wrapped lightkit in an RPD
wrapper and it's just what I needed.

http://users.rcru.rl.ac.uk/jab53/rpd/lightkit.bmp

Allows me to fly over terrain and still see the markings on the texture
mapped ground. With a headlight alone the terrain goes very dark as you fly
horizontally over it.

You've turned a day's work into an hour's.

Thanks

JB

(Suggestion. I don't quite see how the az/el angles work properly yet.
Maybe adding a sphereactor for each light to the renderer could be an
option, then twiddling the angles would let you see where the lights are.
Just a though. If I have any more - I'll keep quiet :)