tcl/tk

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Tue May 30 11:45:08 EDT 2000

What version of tcl/tk is the repository compatible with at the moment? I'm
having the most awful trouble getting the tcl examples to work with the
latest code.

On a PC system (NT4) I built vtk against the tcl/tk 8.2.3 source files and
copied all the dlls to the system directory but wish82 chokes on "load
vtktcl", giving "couldn't load file "vtktcl": invalid argument". None of
the tcl scripts will then run of course because the dll can't be loaded.

If I replace the four precompiled dlls (vtkdll.dll, vtktcl.dll, tcl82.dll
and tk82.dll) with the ones from the 3.1 CD then everything works, but of
course this isn't using the latest code.

Any pointers will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Tim.
Tim Hutton, Research Assistant,    http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI
MINORI Project,                           Email: T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Informatics Unit (Media Centre),      Permanent: T.Hutton at mail.com
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL,                        Tel: +44 20 7915 2344
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK              Fax: +44 20 7915 2303
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.