ReleaseGraphicsResources query

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 31 09:30:12 EDT 2000

Jim, hi.

I noticed that last year you'd been working on a fix for seg faulting
problems in vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx and elsewhere. I think I'm running into
the same problems, am wondering how your fix might be applied.

I'm rendering into a WinNT window using vtkMFCRenderView etc. from the
Sample directory on the 3.1 CD. When I close the window in question I get
an access violation. Removing the lines in vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx and
vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx that call vtkRenderWindow::MakeCurrent() solves
the problem but I don't want to do this for obvious reasons. Is a call to
ReleaseGraphicsResources() the solution I'm looking for?

If so, then vtkMFCRenderView will need updating, am puzzled as to why the
Sample directory is not in the repository - changes to the core source can
cause it to become obsolete, like ugview and ugview2. Surely the code in
the Sample directory needs maintaining too?

Cheers,

Tim.
Tim Hutton, Research Assistant,    http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI
MINORI Project,                           Email: T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Informatics Unit (Media Centre),      Permanent: T.Hutton at mail.com
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL,                        Tel: +44 20 7915 2344
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK              Fax: +44 20 7915 2303
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.