[vtk-developers] Re: [vtkusers] Improvements for VTK makefiles.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Dec 13 02:15:15 EST 2000

hi,

    Prabhu> Exactly.  That is all the python changes do.  It puts all
    Prabhu> the vtkTk*, vtkpython.so and *.py stuff in ${PY_SITE_DIR}
    Prabhu> (set in user.make) and creates an appropriate .pth file.
    Prabhu> I have also removed the links to the vtkTk* files because
    Prabhu> I felt them unnecessary.  The libVTK*Python.so libraries
    Prabhu> go into ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}.

Very sorry, the above message is very unclear and wrong!  Here is what
is done:

       libVTK*Python.so and vtkTk* go into ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}

       *.py into ${PY_SITE_DIR}

       vtkpython.so into ${PY_SITE_DIR}

The links made from ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}/vtkTk* to
${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}/vtk/python/vtkTk* in the earlier Makefile.in have
been removed.  Since I thought they are unnecessary.

sorry for the confusion.

prabhu