[vtk-developers] Re: [vtkusers] Improvements for VTK makefiles.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Dec 13 01:33:28 EST 2000

hi,

    David> Hi Prabhu, I took a quick look at your changes.  I'll limit
    David> my comments to the python portion of the install.

Thanks.

    David> The changes to python/Makefile.in are okay.  More-or-less
    David> it looks like they just allow you to specify in user.make
    David> where to install the python modules, instead of
    David> $(prefix)/lib/vtk/python/.  If these changes are

Exactly.  That is all the python changes do.  It puts all the vtkTk*,
vtkpython.so and *.py stuff in ${PY_SITE_DIR} (set in user.make) and
creates an appropriate .pth file.  I have also removed the links to
the vtkTk* files because I felt them unnecessary.  The
libVTK*Python.so libraries go into ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}.

    David> incorporated then the RPM .spec file will have to be

Once the changes are accepted I will modify the spec file too.  I dont
have a Red Hat machine to test on but I can make all the necessary
modifications and mail them to Dan Blezek, if that is okay.

    David> modified to match.  Also, the getmodulepath.py script would
    David> become unecessary, and would have to be deleted.

prabhu