[Rtk-users] SIRT Reconstruction

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Jul 18 05:31:10 EDT 2017

Hi Lotte,

I had a very quick look at what you are doing. It looks fine to me, you
just need to perform way more iterations in the SIRT case. 100 would be
a good start. SIRT is more stable than SART when there are
inconsistencies in the projection data, but converges slowly.

An alternative to SIRT, which minimizes the same cost function with a
faster algorithm, is the conjugate gradient algorithm. You should obtain
nice results with something like 30-40 iterations (look for
rtk::ConjugateGradientConeBeamReconstructionFilter if you want to give
it a try).

Best regards,
Cyril