[Rtk-users] SIRT Reconstruction

Lotte Schyns lotte.schyns at maastro.nl
Tue Jul 18 05:17:41 EDT 2017

Hello,

We are having problems with the SIRT reconstructions. They seem very
strange and blurry. However, other reconstructions (SART, FDK,
iterativeFDK) look perfect. I uploaded an example of a SART and a SIRT
reconstruction (same parameters) to
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7a4bkyjg43zjmy7/AAAp4tJrk9HedMEEuIKsGYDSa?dl=0.
I also uploaded a minimalistic version of the code that I used (the
paths in CMakeLists.txt probably need to be adapted to your system). You
can alternate between SART and SIRT by changing line 143. The raw data
is also available on dropbox. I didn't use
rtkXRadRawToAttenuationImageFilter, because our projections are already
corrected for the dark field and flood field, so
(signal-dark)/(flood-dark). I just take the natural logarithm and
multiply by -1. Do you know what could be the problem with the SIRT
reconstructions? Are we using wrong parameters? Thanks for your time.

Lotte