[Rtk-users] Problem with itk 4.8.1 when using rtk::FDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 14 12:58:06 EDT 2015

Hi Thibault,
No, there is not really a log system that would allow you debugging at run
time. You can compile a debug version that would enable a lot of messages
related to the pipeline. For this, I think you need to use NDEBUG at
compilation (it's an ITK mechanism that I never use).
No, it's not normal that you see an error message. There are two things:
- the FFT of itk (compiled by default, based on vnl) is really bad IMO: it
only handles power of 2/3/5 dimensions and it's slow. I always advise
people to use FFTW by turning on ITK_USE_FFTW options during ITK's
compilation.
- I don't fully understand why vnl doesn't work either. I understand the
first two dimensions, for vnl (which I strongly suggest to not use), I pad
to the next power of 2 so
780 * 2 (for zero padding) -> 2048
780 -> 1024
but then, if you use 64 projections, why 11? Are you sure the second input
image to FDKConeBeamReconstructionImageFilter has the dimension you want? I
would try to connect input 2 to an itk::ImageFileWriter and check what are
the dimensions of this image. If you're absolutely sure, then I'll try to
reproduce and fix the issue.
Simon