[Rtk-users] Problem with itk 4.8.1 when using rtk::FDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter

Notargiacomo Thibault gnthibault at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 05:38:46 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I recently had troubles while trying to rewrite my code, linked with libRTK
/ libRTKcuda, from using rtk cuda version of SART, that worked quite well,
to using fdk reconstruction method.

My first question: is there a general way to enable maximum debug log level
at runtime in rtk ?

My second question, is more specific: is it normal that I see such error
message coming from itk when using FDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter :

ExceptionObject caught with fdk->Update() in file [...]

itk::ExceptionObject (0x7f377c020cb0)
Location: "unknown"
File: [...]/itk-4.8.1/Modules/Core/Common/src/itkMultiThreader.cxx
Line: 416
during SingleMethodExecute
/usr/local/include/ITK-4.8/itkVnlRealToHalfHermitianForwardFFTImageFilter.hxx:60:
itk::ERROR: VnlRealToHalfHermitianForwardFFTImageFilter(0x7f377c0207d0):
Cannot compute FFT of image with size [2048, 1024, 11].
VnlRealToHalfHermitianForwardFFTImageFilter operates only on images whose
size in each dimension has a prime factorization consisting of only 2s, 3s,
or 5s.

I suppose that this error arise while performing ramp filtering, but I see
no relation between FFT configuration stated in the error log ( [2048,
1024, 11] ) and the size of my input image, which is 780 * 720, over 64
projections.

I also tried with 200 projection and I had the same problem, but with
[2048, 1024, 34]

Note that I set my FDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter ProjectionSubsetSize to
the total number of projection in my dataset every time.

The revision I am currently using:
commit 4993ddfca5b3d59a2fcf71f94890036ede610a08
Merge: 578cf89 09d820c

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

Thibault Notargiacomo