[Rtk-users] CUFFT error

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Aug 4 06:09:04 EDT 2015

Hi,
>From this page <CUFFT_ALLOC_FAILED = 2, // cuFFT failed to allocate GPU or
CPU memory Read more at:
http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cufft/index.html#ixzz3hq6CLu9v Follow us:
@GPUComputing on Twitter | NVIDIA on Facebook>, you have

CUFFT_ALLOC_FAILED   = 2,  //  cuFFT failed to allocate GPU or CPU memory

This is not suprising that you have a GPU memory issue when decreasing the
spacing because a finer volume spacing might require  more rows of the
projections for the reconstruction and therefore you can end up with being
out of memory. Try processing one projection at a time with --subsetsize 1.
If it's still too large, you'll have to change your --dimension to process
a smaller volume in the y direction.
Simon