[Paraview] Catalyst Install

Gregg Streuber Gregg.Streuber at aero.bombardier.com
Tue May 29 08:52:33 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I'm looking into doing some on-line post-processing of simulation data, but I'm having trouble getting Catalyst setup on our system.

Following the instructions here<https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2016-August/037674.html> I downloaded the Paraview source and ran ccmake with BUILD_CATALYST_ADAPTERS set to "on".  It compiles, but returns a message that it did not use BUILD_CATALYST_ADAPTERS, which suggests it's not actually including them in the make file.  I then downloaded a Catalyst source edition that has the functionality we're looking for and attempted ccmake, but this reports the errors

"CMake Error: file [path]/package.json.in does not exist"

And

"No such module "vtkChartsCore" needed by "vtkPVServerManagerApplication".

Particularly the first error has me flummoxed, and I was wondering if anybody with more success could point me in the right direction towards resolving it.

Thanks,
Gregg