[Paraview] Understand if a point is within a close surface

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jun 25 09:59:53 EDT 2018

We recently added a Extract Enclosed Points filter that takes two inputs: a
point cloud and closed, manifold polygonal surface. The filter outputs the
points interior to the surface.

You mention the output of vtkDelaunay3D which is not a surface but a mesh.
I haven't tried this but maybe a probe operation will indicate whether the
point is interior to the mesh.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 2:02 AM Caffagni, Andrea <
Andrea.Caffagni at ferrari.com> wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> I have to understand if a point is within a close surface (like a
> Delaunay3D) or out.
>
> Have Paraview some tools in order to check this?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Andrea
>

> _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>

> Questo messaggio è da intendersi esclusivamente ad uso del destinatario e
> può contenere informazioni che sono di natura privilegiata, confidenziale o
> non divulgabile secondo le leggi vigenti. Se il lettore del presente
> messaggio non è il destinatario designato, o il dipendente/agente
> responsabile per la consegna del messaggio al destinatario designato, si
> informa che ogni disseminazione, distribuzione o copiatura di questa
> comunicazione è vietata anche ai sensi della normativa vigente in materia
> di protezione dei dati personali. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per
> errore, vi preghiamo di notificarcelo immediatamente a mezzo e-mail di
> risposta e successivamente di procedere alla cancellazione di questa e-mail
> e relativi allegati dal vostro sistema.
>

> _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>

> This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
> under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
> to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited under the
> applicable data protection law. If you have received this e-mail by
> mistake, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete this
> e-mail and all attachments from your system.

> ParaView discussion is moving! Please visit
> https://discourse.paraview.org/ for future posts.

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com