[Paraview] paraviewweb, linked views, mouse handler

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Wed Jun 20 08:38:10 EDT 2018

Hi All:

I'm working on a ParaViewWeb client talking to a pvpython server that shows
two linked renderviews. The link works, and it all looks great, but there
remain a couple of oddities I can't seem to squeeze out:

 - The mouse handler seems to listen only to one view, and I can't seem to
control which one it pays attention to. How can I demand it listen to one
or the other?

 - The behavior I observe is that one of the views moves with the mouse on
a click and the other catches up when I release it. They do not move
together, although this is close enough. Is this the expected behavior?

A possibly relevant data point: On the machine where the pvpython server is
running, there is a little undecorated window that appears, and the view
that I see in there is the one that moves with the mouse. But I can't seem
to control which view is visible there. Most of the time it seems to be the
one I draw second, but not all the time. What is this window and what can
it tell me?

One other issue:

 - When I make one of the views invisible (by simply not rendering it in
the parent React object) I can't get it to render when it reappears. The
render function is being invoked, but nothing appears. If I refresh the
whole page, it appears again.

Thank you,

 -Tom