[Paraview] Adding Filters to Catalyst

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Jun 1 11:45:51 EDT 2018

Hi Gregg,

You can always use a full build of ParaView for Catalyst to make sure you
get all of the filters available during Catalyst runs.

There is information at
https://blog.kitware.com/paraview-catalyst-editions-what-are-they/ which
gives details about the editions but there's currently not a lot of details
on how to make your own edition. Editing the cmake.sh script to add in more
VTK filters will likely not work as the Catalyst editions don't even have
all of the source code from the ParaView source.

As for finding the full list of filters and modules available, the blog
post has some of that but it's changed some. My recommendation would be to
build an edition with Python enabled and then use pvpython to see what's
available. Alternatively you could look at files like filters.xml in the
Catalyst source code to see what's there. It's not ideal but allows you to
check on stuff before actually running a simulation.

Best,
Andy