[Paraview] Create filter with jump in fields

Santiago Serebrinsky sserebrinsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 01:32:33 EST 2018

I put together a Programmable Filter. I do not know if this is the most
efficient way to do it, but it works.

programmableFilter1 =
ProgrammableFilter(Input=[plotOverLineBot,plotOverLineTop])
programmableFilter1.Script = """
import vtk.util.numpy_support as ns
import numpy as np

input_bot = self.GetInputDataObject(0, 0);
input_top = self.GetInputDataObject(0, 1);
output = self.GetPolyDataOutput()
#output.ShallowCopy(input_bot)

npts_bot = input_bot.GetNumberOfPoints()
npts_top = input_top.GetNumberOfPoints()
if ( npts_bot == npts_top ) :
    print( "Number of points: " + str(npts_bot) )
    u_bot = input_bot.GetPointData().GetArray("displacement")
    u_top = input_top.GetPointData().GetArray("displacement")
    u_bot_np = ns.vtk_to_numpy(u_bot)
    u_top_np = ns.vtk_to_numpy(u_top)
    u_jump_np = np.subtract(u_top_np, u_bot_np)
    u_jump = ns.numpy_to_vtk(u_jump_np)
    u_jump.SetName("displacement jump");
    output.GetPointData().AddArray(u_jump)
else :
    pass
"""

programmableFilter1.RequestInformationScript = ''
programmableFilter1.RequestUpdateExtentScript = ''
programmableFilter1.PythonPath = ''
RenameSource("Programmable Filter - Jumps", programmableFilter1)