[Paraview] How to get filled slices of tubes and disks around streamlines

Thomas Oliveira thomas.oliveira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:56:00 EST 2018

Hi,

I am tracing streamlines using "Stream Tracer with Custom Source" and
creating tubes along them using "Tubes". Since "Tubes" creates surfaces, if
I use "Slice" on the tubes I don't get elliptical disks but ellipses.

I would like to:
1) Visualize elliptical disks when using "Slice" on "Tubes".

I would be even better if, instead of getting the elliptical disks, which
are bounded by the cross section of the tubes, I could get circular disks
in the same position, i.e., if I could
2) represent circular disks on a plane that crosses the streamlines centred
on the intersections between the plane and the streamlines

Would you see a way of doing that or getting the same visual result?

Thank you,
Thomas Oliveira