[Paraview] How to get filled slices of tubes and disks around streamlines

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 21 10:37:27 EST 2018

Thomas,

I think a better approach to what you are doing is to use the Glyph filter on your streamlines instead of the Tubes filter. After you create your streamlines, perform the following steps.

  1.  With the stream tracer selected in the pipeline browser, add the glyph filter (it’s icon looks like a Christmas ornament).
  2.  Turn on the advanced properties in the properties panel.
  3.  In the Glyph Type combo box, select “2D Glyph”.
  4.  Assuming you have the advanced properties on, you should see a second Glyph Type combo box appear under the first one. Select “Circle” in this second box.
  5.  Click on Filled checkbox.
  6.  Under Active Attributes, make sure the Vectors property is set to the vector field you used to create the streamlines.
  7.  Scroll down to where it says Glyph Transform. Set the Rotate property to 0, 90, 0. (That is, change the middle number from 0 to 90.)
  8.  Click Apply.

You should now see filled circles perpendicular to the streamlines. You might need to change the Glyph filter’s Masking mode to either “All Points” or “Every Nth Point” to get the samples of circles how you want them.

-Ken