[Paraview] connecting buttons and python

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Wed Feb 21 18:43:36 EST 2018

Hello all:

Got some nice looking buttons and widgets, but I can't seem to find
examples of how to deliver the button press or other widget output to my
pvpython server. I imagine the steps are:

1. Create a protocol on the python side. Can I use wslink.register, or is
there paraviewweb functionality I should be using?

2. Create a matching protocol on the js side, with
ParaviewWebClient.createClient(), but I'm not seeing how to link the
protocol to a function that can be linked to a button press.

Also, this page, found via a google search, seems potentially useful, but
gives me a 404.

https://kitware.github.io/paraviewweb/api/ParaViewWebClient.html

Many thanks,

 -Tom