[Paraview] MPI on multiple nodes

Mariam mbahameish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:59:51 EDT 2017

Thanks for your reply Chuck.

I am using Microsoft MPI which I believe it has MPICH basis.

I created a small LAN network for testing, both running Windows 10, and ParaView is installed on the same path, firewall is turned off.

I was running MPIEXEC manually from one of the machines using this command: mpiexec –hosts 2 localhost 1 remotehost 1 pvserver

By doing that, no errors where received but it seems the connection has not been established. I should get a message like the following:

Waiting for client...

Connection URL: cs://PC.local:11111

Accepting connection(s): PC.local:11111

But nothing has been received, and even no messages on SMPD console. I tried to forcefully connect the ParaView client to the server in this state, but I got a message that the socket is not open.

>From the localhost, I tried to run pvserver on the remotehost and this has been successfully executed: mpiexec –host remotehost –n M pvserver

Apologies,

This is my first time to work with MPI, appreciate your help & support. I could not troubleshoot since there were no messages/ indications to resolve the issue.

Thanks again!