[Paraview] Automating contour isosurface values in parallel Catalyst Python script

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Feb 14 15:27:06 EST 2017

Hi Yvan,

Another option is just to compute it yourself. The reason that the global
min and max aren't know in Catalyst is that it requires communication but
many times the value isn't needed so in order to make Catalyst more
efficient it doesn't compute that value for you automatically. In the
Python scripts you can import mpi4py or import vtk and use the
vtkMultiProcessController to do the global operation. Note that for my way
you'll need to call UpdatePipeline(datadescription.GetTime()) before
getting the output and globally determining the value. Then you can set the
isosurfaces values array with that information.

If you try this out and have issues, please let us know and we can go from
there.

Cheers,
Andy