[Paraview] build pv5.3 on windows 10 with visual studio 15 2017

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Apr 19 22:21:22 EDT 2017

> Using Dependancy walker, some qt5 dll are in my qt bin dir but others (those
> defined in cmake options like qt5widgets) are in the cmake bin dir. Is it
> nolmal ? I'm currently using cmake 3.8 rc4.

That's bad. I'd stay away from putting CMake in the PATH, if that's the case.

> So what's the simplest thing to have paraview running: compile qt from
> sources with the patch on cmake file or go back to a previous version of
> visual studio (it will be sad because I'm using the cmake capabilities of
> the new version for other projects).

Both are reasonably simple, depends on  your comfort level with
building Qt really. However, the issue you have with your current
build with Qt 5.6 seems to be only environment related. I'd suggest
cleaning your PATH (using dependency walker as a guide to remove
unnecessary/conflicting PATHs)  and you may be able to get your
existing build working without any issues.

Utkarsh