[Paraview] Is it possible to store the model of the glyphs in Paraview as a single mesh?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Oct 27 09:45:31 EDT 2016

Magnus,

ParaView state files are your best bet for saving everything in your
visualization so you can come back to it at another time or even move it to
another machine. Note that the state file is an XML file separate from your
data files.

Other options OBJ, PLY, and VRML should save most of the surface properties
in your visualization. Some might be missing, however, as there is a not a
one-to-one mapping from visualization capabilities in ParaView to what can
be saved in those file types.

HTH,
Cory

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 2:01 AM, Magnus Elden <magnus_elden at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a series of flowfields I visualize using paraview. This works great
> and is easy to understand, but I would like to extract a single frame as a
> single model. Is this possible?
>

> It can be any 3D file type that allow me to store the colour and shape as
> it appears in the Paraview client. A solution using the editor or a
> solution using the paraview python scripts are both fine.
>

> Thank you in advance for your help.
>

> Yours,
>
> Magnus Elden

> opensource/opensource.html