[Paraview] [ParaView] Generating a 3D model

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon May 9 09:52:51 EDT 2016

When you say you can't see the volume, do you mean a volume rendering
of the surface? Or do you want to see the volume of the segmented
organ? If that is the case, use either the Contour filter or Threshold
filter to show the boundary surface of your segmentation. Either one
should work, but the Contour filter may produce a bit smoother
surface.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Chathuri Gunasekera <cgunases at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>  Since i need to generate a human organ using my data first of all i
> registered my images. Second of all, segmented the organ first . Third of
> all, segmented the rest of the sub objects inside the organ.
>
> Basically, segmentation was done and saved in following formats.
> 1st mask(for the organ) ; saved as .mat file
> 2nd mask(for sub objects with in the organ) : saved as .mat file
> 3rd mask(for sub objects within the organ)  : saved as .mat file
>
> (note: segmentation is done for the whole image)
>
> Since i have these masks saved in Mat format i combined all the masks and
> converted to VTK format.
>
> When i run in the Paraview, i can only view the slice, surface, etc but NOT
> the VOLUME (which is what i want).
>
> What is the reason to this?
>
> How to overcome this issue now?
>
> Thank you in advance.