[Paraview] pvpython script to create a screen shot of a PVSM

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Wed Mar 2 11:24:26 EST 2016

On 02/03/16 15:57, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
>> This makes me wonder when to use paraview.servermanager.LoadState?
>> Should the example
>> (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Loading_and_saving_state) be
>> changed to use paraview.simple.LoadState?
>
> There's really no reason to directly use servermanager.LoadState
> except for advanced users. I've updated the Wiki.

Thanks for the answer and the update.

>>> Also, what to do about this warning:
>>> vtkSMProxyIterator (0x61ef820): ProxyManager is not set. Can not perform
>>> operation: Begin()
>
> I wasn't able to reproduce this warning with the attached state file
> and your render-view.py script. Any ideas? I am running as follows:
>
>     ./bin/pvpython /tmp/sample.py -i /tmp/sample.pvsm  -png /tmp/foo.png

I'm getting the same warning with Your sample.pvsm. Possibly because I'm still
using paraview version 4.4.0? I'll give it a try with a newer PV and report back
if the warning remains.

Thanks again.
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-2900