[Paraview] pvpython script to create a screen shot of a PVSM

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Mar 2 09:57:37 EST 2016

> This makes me wonder when to use paraview.servermanager.LoadState?
> Should the example
> (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Loading_and_saving_state) be
> changed to use paraview.simple.LoadState?

There's really no reason to directly use servermanager.LoadState
except for advanced users. I've updated the Wiki.

>> Also, what to do about this warning:
>> vtkSMProxyIterator (0x61ef820): ProxyManager is not set. Can not perform
>> operation: Begin()

I wasn't able to reproduce this warning with the attached state file
and your render-view.py script. Any ideas? I am running as follows:

   ./bin/pvpython /tmp/sample.py -i /tmp/sample.pvsm  -png /tmp/foo.png

Utkarsh