[Paraview] pvpython script to create a screen shot of a PVSM

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Wed Mar 2 07:17:23 EST 2016

On 22/02/16 17:27, Grothausmann, Roman Dr. wrote:
> I'm trying to write a simple pvpython script that merely takes a screen shot of
> a loaded PVSM:
> https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/blob/master/render-view.py
>
> However, even if a voxel dataset is displayed as a volume when loaded in PV GUI,
> it does not get rendered by the script.

Solved the problem by merely using paraview.simple.LoadState instead of
paraview.servermanager.LoadState (as used in the examples:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Loading_and_saving_state):

https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/commit/9c897e34ebf338c709a37e61382e298f9603dc67

This makes me wonder when to use paraview.servermanager.LoadState?
Should the example
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Loading_and_saving_state) be
changed to use paraview.simple.LoadState?

> Also, what to do about this warning:
> vtkSMProxyIterator (0x61ef820): ProxyManager is not set. Can not perform
> operation: Begin()

Still, I cannot get rid of this Warning. Any ideas?

Regards,
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-2900