[Paraview] Required CMake version 3.5

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Tue Jun 21 23:21:33 EDT 2016

Hi Cory,
thanks for link to the developer mailing list discussion. I think CMake 3.3 is better then
3.5, because at least the last Leap 42.1 release provides that.
I patched ParaView to require CMake 3.0 and it builds fine. I will package ParaView 5.1
that way and hope you reduce the requirement to CMake 3.3 for the next time.

> Based on that discussion, loosening the requirement to CMake 3.0 does
> not appear to be feasible.

CMake 3.0 helped to clean some code paths, nothing really complicated. You have
to check whether you can get other improvements from newer CMake version by
copying the relevant parts and calling that instead of the built-in functions.
So 3.0 might be feasible and reasonable.

Bye
Christoph