[Paraview] Required CMake version 3.5

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Jun 21 19:01:15 EDT 2016

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for working on packaging ParaView for openSUSE!

Please see this discussion in the paraview-developers mailing list
archive that gives reasons for updating the required version of CMake
to 3.5:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview-developers/2016-April/004229.html

Based on that discussion, loosening the requirement to CMake 3.0 does
not appear to be feasible. The latest version of CMake in openSUSE to
my perhaps naïve eye appears to be 3.3.2:

https://software.opensuse.org/package/cmake

I'm not sure we can go back that far - is there a chance you can try
building ParaView with CMake 3.3.2? You need only modify the
cmake_minimum_required command in the top level CMakeLists.txt file.

- Cory

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Christoph Grüninger <foss at grueninger.de> wrote:
> Dear Paraview developers,
> congratulations to the 5.1 release and thanks for your hard work!
>
> I currently try to package it for openSuse and I stumbled upon the
> required CMake version. What's the reason for this harsh requirement?
> Wouldn't be 3.0 or similar be sufficient?
> Currently all stable releases are excluded. I hope you can reduce the
> required version for 5.1.1.
>
> Bye
> Christoph

Cory Quammen