[Paraview] Questions on Paraview with 3D vector fields

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 20 14:46:25 EDT 2016

Jim,

It looks like you are asking two questions.

The first question is about using the glyph filter. I'm not sure what the confusion is. The arrow glyph filter works equal well with polygons and polyhedral. I have no trouble loading in a 3D dataset with 3D cells and cell-centered data. I just select the arrow glyph and everything works fine. In short, I cannot replicate what your issue is. Perhaps you can give more information.

As far as a fly through, yes it is possible in ParaView although, admittingly, the controls are not very good. To add a camera path, first open the Animation View (View -> Animation View). Then add a track to the Animation View for "Camera, Follow Path". After that, double click the track to bring up the keyframes dialog. From there you can double click "Path..." to get yet another dialog box to edit the path. Click "Camera Position" and then click back to the main ParaView window to edit the camera path.

-Ken