[Paraview] Questions on Paraview with 3D vector fields

Jim guilfordstuff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:10:18 EDT 2016

Hello All:

I'm working with 3D vector fields (2 of them in the same space) and want
to do a fly through, set the center to be one of the arrow glyphs, and
do some calculations on both fields using the calculator. I can't seem
to do any of these. Any ideas?

It looks like the center selection was designed to work with polymeshes.
The arrow glyphs just can't be selected. Is there any way to fake out
Paraview and place something that the selector can see?

I saw fly through mentioned on some forum but no solution. I can place a
line into my space. Is there some way to use the line as a camera path?
I'm really interested in fly throughs in the program, not watching them
as a movie. There's just too many things to change to make it a movie
and not take forever to make/look at them.

The calculator looks like it only hooks up to one vector field at a
time. Is there some object linking trick or running one field through an
intermediate calculation that would make both fields visible to the
calculator?

Any help appreciated.

-J