[Paraview] Paraview v5.0.0-RC1 with OpenGL2 backend not running using OSMESA v10.5.5

Albina, Frank frank.albina at sauber-motorsport.com
Tue Jan 12 13:53:16 EST 2016

Dear All!

Sorry for the delay in the reply, but I had a very long Christmas break and I just came back a few days ago. I managed to compile OpenSWR with Osmesa support using the autotools but it was not much faster than any of the OSMesa versions I tried, i.e. v10.5.5 and 11.0.7. I compiled the OpenSWR with libglx support and that might be the reason why the performance I experience is not so good as expected.

I have included hereafter the configure options I used on my CentOS 6.5 platform for reference:

./configure --prefix= --enable-gallium-osmesa --enable-dependency-tracking --enable-gallium-llvm=yes --enable-llvm-shared-libs --enable-swr-native --enable-sysfs --enable-texture-float --disable-dri --disable-egl --disable-glx --disable-gles1 --disable-gles2 --disable-opencl --disable-vdpau --disable-va --disable-xvmc --with-dri-drivers= --with-egl-platforms= --with-gallium-drivers=swr,swrast --with-gnu-ld  --with-osmesa-bits=8 --with-swr-arch=CORE_AVX2

Hope this helps bringing a bit of clarity.

Nonetheless, I was already very pleased with the improved rendering performance using the RC2 version. Now that PV 5.0.0 has been released, I will proceed to installation and repeat my benchmarks, the outcome of which I will be feeding back of course.

Cheers,

Frank Albina