[Paraview] PV 4.4.0 crashing issue

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Fri Jan 8 15:21:06 EST 2016

I’m finding an issue with the production release of PV 4.4.0 …. I can consistently make a client-server connection crash by loading up either an Exodus or CTH dataset and through some combination of quick left-right mouse clicks, or double-right mouse clicks in the graphics window,  I can shut things down.  I’m only seeing this on Linux clients – I cannot duplicate running PV 4.4.0 on a Mac.       See attached screenshot.   I’ve been able to duplicate this behavior on many different datasets of CTH/Exodus format, but I suspect this is a GUI interaction issue, not a data issue.

I’ve sent this on both standard RHEL5 and RHEL5 Linux workstations – I’ve tried recompiling the client using the super build script, but doesn’t seem to make much any difference.    Any ideas?

which cmake
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=~/paraview/${version} \
-Ddownload_location=`pwd`/../Downloads \
-DParaView_URL=http://www.paraview.org/files/v4.4/ParaView-v4.4.0-source.tar.gz \
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
-DENABLE_visitbridge:BOOL=ON \
-DENABLE_cgns=ON \