[Paraview] Paraview v5.0.0-RC1 with OpenGL2 backend not running using OSMESA v10.5.5

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri Jan 8 14:40:32 EST 2016

Hi Frank,

The easiest way to build OpenSWR is probably to use the SCons build instead
of autotools.  Here's a docker file we use to generate re-distributable
libGL and libOSMesa binaries:
https://github.com/chuckatkins/mesa-builds/blob/master/Dockerfile .  In
short though, you'll want to do the following:

git clone https://github.com/OpenSWR/openswr-mesa.git mesa-swr
cd mesa-swr
scons build=release texture_float=yes swr_arch=core-avx2 libgl-xlib osmesa

The libgl-xlib target will create a
build/linux-x86_64/gallium/targets/libgl-xlib/libGL.so.1.5 output and the
osmesa target will create a
build/linux-x86_64/gallium/targets/osmesa/libosmesa.so output.  You can
also change swr_arch=core-avx2 to swr_arch=avx if you want to build for AVX
instead of AVX2.

- Chuck